Acceptable Use Policy
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What’s in these terms?
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the standards that apply when you use our website, when you upload information to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way,
Who we are and how to contact us
https://www.lordcrewescharity.co.uk is a site operated by Lord Crewe’s Charity (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under charity number 1155101 and have our registered office at Cuthbert House, Stonebridge, Durham, DH1 3RY. We are regulated by the Charity Commission. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07768 708276.
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our website Terms and Conditions also apply to your use of our site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. Any changes we make to our Acceptable Use Policy will be updated on our site.
You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm children or vulnerable persons in any way.
· To bully, insult, intimidate, harass or humiliate any person.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
· In any way that involves child sexual exploitation or abuse.
· To upload terrorist content, or content that could incite religious or racial hatred.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms & Conditions of website use.
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
· any part of our site;
· any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including referring the matter to any statutory agency, including the Police.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms & Conditions of use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution or information uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate to protect our site and its users.
How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under these terms.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.